Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cricket Hill IPA



 Cricket Hill IPA poured a deep gold in color with a light, white, thin head. There was not much of a hop profile on the nose at all. It actually has a kind of Coors Light hop profile to it; tho I've never had a Coors Light-so that is an assumption! This beer really looks and smells like a golden ale more than an IPA.

                                            

                                                                 To the Lips!



Hmmm....






yup....




there's my first sip.




My tongue was waiting for something.....

  

   anything to happen....










but alas,







 WARNING!!!!!   WARNING!!!!!    WARNING!!!!!









WARNING!!!!              WARNING!!!!                  WARNING!!!!!









......NOTHING!!




  What a huge disappointment!!! Such a great name and label, only to lead me to such a let-down. Even the mouth-feel and taste just go right down the hatch. There is no feel, no hop profile, no substance at all.Very disappointing. I will be giving the other five beers away, and I will definitely not purchase this again. The only thing bitter about this beer is me being duped into believing I was really buying an IPA. Very lame effort put forth by Cricket Hill. I've had much, much better home-brews than this.

 Sorry Cricket Hill, I am absolutely not recommending this beer to any of my loved ones, friends, readers, associates, any of my enemies...or...well.....you get the point.

Did a graphic designer create this beer?....great packaging...but that's where any good in this beer dies.

Well...anyway...The CT Beer Pope showed me this....worth a chuckle..
(Rick Reed of Cricket Hill does make a couple valid points about marketing and Coors Light tho...)


(yes...he did say the greatest beer on earth)...

Cheers my friends!

2 comments:

  1. This can not be worse than that summer blood beer we had that one time.... or can it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...you mean the one you FORCED me to have a taste of? The one that my alcoholic roommate who drank anything wouldn't drink? the one that tasted like a "bloody, rusty scab" as you described it, and a "bloody scab" that he described it as? Yea, ...ummm...not THAT bad, because you could drink half a glass, but not as bad as the 2008 Geary's Summer Ale, which was essentially undrinkable.

    ReplyDelete