Saturday, July 21, 2012


                                                          Grey Sail Flying Jenny Review

      I finally tried the Flying Jenny Extra Pale Ale from Grey Sail. I had heard and read a lot of buzz about this one and wanted to give it a shot myself. It was canned on 6/22/12. It was poured into a Sam Adams pint glass.It poured a nice big, creamy, white head, and was deep gold/pale amber color in body. The nose had a slight, hop aroma. The beer was refreshing, with a light hop taste that lingers a bit. Very light in texture, with almost a slight creamy taste to it. The flavor profile stays very concentrated right on the tongue, and you don't get much in the jowls or the back of the mouth.
      Flying Jenny is a pretty good beer over-all; it is not a beer to blow people away, but to quench their thirst. It is a beer you can easily drink a few of on a hot day. I'd consider it a nice gateway beer for someone looking to enter the craft scene. I would drink this again, and I would recommend giving it a try if you're looking for simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment