Saturday, July 21, 2012

                                                         Founders Red Rye P.A. Review

    Founders Red Rye P.A. was poured into a Sam Adams glass and poured a very deep amber color in the body with a nice tan head. There was a beautiful, nice hoppy and spicy nose, with maybe a touch of biscuit hiding in the shadows...maybe. There was a very distinct spice nose tho. 
    In the mouth, spice, hops and a creamy feel come on strong. Very smooth, I sort of expected it to have more of a spicy bite to it from the look and smell of the beer. The spiciness of the rye in the beer bounces all around your mouth at first, and then all the flavors seem to come together and settle on your tongue in harmony. Red Rye has a really big, complex, mouthful of flavor that develops into a delicious harmony of simplicity with a nice spice at the tip of your tongue. This beer leaves you wanting more. I would definitely purchase this beer again and would highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. This beer did leave me wanting more...Mainly because as a rye, Ive certainly had better. Not to say this is bad, its by far not bad at all. But with all the build up and anticipation of Founders, I was somehow expecting more. This was my first Founders, and it certainly wont be my last, but I certainly have to stop buying into all the hype!

    ReplyDelete